In order to neutralize the anti-single payer position of the American Medical Association, and eventually win support for Medicare for All, we must focus on building power within the AMA. The following resources will help you learn more about the inner workings of the organization.
- AMA Federation Directory, where you can identify leadership and find other information on your state, county, and national medical specialty societies
- AMA House of Delegates 2021 delegate apportionment figures (including a list of membership numbers and the number of votes your society has at the national HOD meeting)
- Member organizations of the AMA House of Delegates
- House of Delegates Reference Manual (crucial for understand the policies, procedures, and practices of the HOD)
- One-page primer on Robert’s Rules of Order
Wondering how to navigate the resolutions process within your state medical society? See below for a series of success stories from Dr. Jane Katz Field (Vermont), Dr. Stephen Kemble (Hawaii), and medical student Donald Bourne (Pennsylvania).
Ready to take action? Sign up for our resolutions campaign and join forces with PNHP members in your medical society. Together, you’ll help push the medical profession towards enthusiastic and active support of single payer. Questions? Email email@example.com.